Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Today's Inspiration - Iekeliene Stange

I have debated for awhile whether or not to post about Dutch model and burgeoning photographer Iekeliene Stange. On the one hand, I admire her eclectic style, the crazy mix of colour, pattern and fabric. On the other hand, I can't picture ever wearing any of the above outfits myself. There are too many layers, too many colours and though she pulls if all off impeccably, the former factors kind of put me off. So why have I called her an inspiration? Because she has courage to wear what she loves, regardless of other peoples opinion. It encourages me ignore the strange stares next time I wear a crazy headband or large feathered cuff. Iekeliene rocks.

5 comments:

  1. Love this post, her style is very unconventional but I guess it works for her. I love her as a blonde!

    http://itchycat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, some of her ensembles make me go eugh, but I do love the second outfit, and she is truly an indivivual.

    http://haveyoueverfalleninlove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know exaclty what you mean ... i have tons of inspriation muses that don a style i would never consider ... and personally i think this girl is very fashion forward and stylish

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shes pretty cool, love the pink dress

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I remember noticing her on Jak + Jil, I forgot her name, thanks for the reminder!

    I think she's adorable!!

    Great post

    x
    x

    ReplyDelete

Cool bananas.