Friday, March 27, 2009

Alberta Ferretti Spring/Summer 09

I am currently wide awake in the early hours of the morning due to an unfinished assignment that is due in approximately eight hours. It's my own fault, I've known about the assignment for the past two weeks I just ignored the looming deadline in favour of House and playing with my kitten. Anyhow, I'm taking a much deserved break and thought I would take the time to post about one of my favourite ad campaigns this year. Photographed by fashion photographer Steven Meisel this Alberta Ferretti spring/summer 09 ad campaign is simply gorgeous. Channeling the jazz age with fringed dresses, dark lips and textured fabrics, the whole 1920's style reminds me of the lavish parties in The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. It is all very decedent, glamorous and fantastically unattainable. Now wish me luck as I dissect dominant European traditions and the modernist movement in relation to artistic and social changes in affirming primitivism. Goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool bananas.