Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Most Wanted


Australian designers are fantastic and in my opinion do not receive the international recognition they deserve. Alice McCall is one such designer. In the past three years her collections have been nothing short of amazing and it is easy to see where her designs have filtered down into chainstore buys. Her current collection, Some Are Not Insects, makes me happy. Like I said her designs are always gorgeous, but I am loving the updated 70's mod inspired feel. It's all stark colours and graphic prints and easy elegance. What's even better is, like Stella McCartney, McCall's designs are accessible. I can see myself in many of her clothes, from the black shift dress with deep blue sequined detail to the yellow, white and black insect print dress. Currently the dress I'm most lusting after is the lovely creation on the left. I have an engagement party to attend and this would be perfect.

These Yves Saint Laurent patent studded platform heels in deep fuchsia are so pretty I want to stare at them all day long. I don't even care that if I attempted to walk in them I would most likely topple over, break several limbs and be too embarrassed to ever wear heels again. They're just so pretty.
Images: alicemccall.com, ysl.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool bananas.